Multiple Sclerosis Self Care
These steps may help relieve some symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) :
- Get enough rest. Fatigue is a common symptom of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and getting your rest may make you feel less tired.
- Exercise. Regular aerobic exercise may offer some benefits if you have mild to moderate MS. Benefits include improved strength, muscle tone, balance and coordination, and help with depression. Swimming is a good option for people with MS who are bothered by heat.
- Be careful with heat. Extreme heat may cause extreme muscle weakness. Although some people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) aren't bothered by heat and may enjoy warm baths and showers, be very careful before exposing yourself to extreme heat until you know how you'll react. Don't get into a hot tub or sauna unless there's someone nearby who can pull you out if necessary. If you do experience heat-related worsening of signs or symptoms, cooling down for a few hours usually will return you to your normal state.
- Cool down. Many people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) experience heat-related worsening of MS symptoms. If you live in a hot and humid area, consider having air conditioning in your home. Tepid or cool baths also may provide some relief.
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Eating a healthy, well balanced diet can help keep your immune system strong.
Listed below are all of the Multiple Sclerosis pages currently on this site.
Page with someone.
Did you find this information useful? Would you like to give feedback on this page or site? Contact me and let me know what you think.